There are a lot of things that designers should know to make the best use of Instagram but the most significant ones however is to know how to optimize their profile bio and use the Instagram Algorithm properly. These are the two essential factors that will influence the final outcome and help you to make the best use of this popular visual platform. It will in turn help you to stand out among the sea of talented professional and freelance designers on this platform which by itself is a huge challenge to overcome.
The only way to do this is to boost your Instagram account and gain more followers to it. Simply creating a beautiful feed is not enough today given the cut throat competition you have to face not only in the designing industry but also in all other aspects and areas of business.
Those mindless selfies are no more useful and long gone are those days when a simple image was enough to create a buzz in the industry, whatever it may be. Cultivating a successful account and harvesting a large number of followers is no more restricted to images only. There are lots more to it.
The word “marketing” as it is may be very confusing when it comes to the analytics and its studies of what you achieve in the end. If you want to build a highly responsive and blossoming community then you will need to expand your brand, presence and personality to stay ahead or at least shoulder to shoulder with your competitors.
Today, Instagram can provide you with all the benefits you can possibly imagine. This is because this platform is as creative as you are as a designer. The scope seems to be limitless as long as you know how to use it in the right way. This knowledge along with the perfect online design portfolio is all that you need as a tool to showcase your creative work and present your brand to other potential clients in a professional manner and in a better light.
This is not easy because apart from your oozing talent, you will need that extra push to move in the right direction in order to get noticed. This push is in addition to the creation of a universal visual language for your account across all aspects to curate a stunning feed. It is here where your profile bio as well as the Instagram Algorithm comes into prominence.
Optimizing profile bio
Undoubtedly, your profile bio is something that should feature on the top of your list and there are reasons one too many for this.
- This is the key part that will compel people who visit your profile to probe further into your account. Ideally, you profile bio should give them a quick summary about your work, who you are and what you can offer.
- Your bio is one of the key places where you can show off your skills and therefore you should know how to make the best use of the permitted 150 characters that you can include in it. To ensure that you do not put in anything unnecessary and use up the characters you may need the help of experts like https://gramblast.com or any other of your choice.
- In your profile bio you must not only mention your username but along with it must include an informative and a catchy description. This should say about the business, you and should also have a few relevant hashtags. Make sure that it is fascinating, clear and succinct and all are just a short scroll away.
- Adding a strong and compelling call to action is also a useful element to include in your profile bio as well.
Apart from the above you must also add a link to your design portfolio or to your website as this is the only place where you can do so in Instagram. Assuming that you have multiple websites or blogs, you may use the specific Linktree tool to add multiple links in it.
Using the Instagram Algorithm
You must make the best use of the Instagram Algorithm as this is the one and only tool that is effective in ensuring that your post has a higher engagement rate and show up first on the feed of your followers easily.
There are a number of ways in which you can achieve this and make people look at your post for a longer period. However, you will have to let Instagram Algorithm detect the quality of your post as it needs to be. Now, the question is how do you ensure that this will really happen?
- Firstly, you will need to write and include captivating captions in your posts. These should be just a few lines long. If you wish to incorporate paragraphs in it then you will have to make sure that each of these are separated with dots so that it is more clearly visible and digestible to the viewers.
- You will also have to make sure that your text is not meaningless and written just for the sake of including it in the caption space. It should be relevant to the picture, have something important and interesting to tell to the viewers.
- Other than that, you may also include interesting and relevant videos and carousel to your posts to make it more attractive and understandable to the users so that it invites them to browse through the images.
- Another aspect that you should take into account is the quality of the images that you wish to include in your post. Everything should be in accordance to the need of the project and your work and at the same time maintain the visual harmony of your feed.
It is only when you have a balanced feed that is filled with attractive and pixel perfect images that you will make the users dive deep into your work and research on it and you and these tips and strategies are not at all difficult for you to follow.