A heaven in a mug, hot chocolate is an amazing drink. Irrespective of time, you can enjoy it at any time. Eating cookies with your cup of hot chocolate is a joy. A ride to taste wonderland is not complete without enjoying cookies with hot chocolate. I can’t forget the wonderful moments of enjoying the hot chocolate with delicious cookies made by my mom.
I have tried many cookies, but the one my mom used to make ranked the highest. It’s not only me who says this. Everyone who has ever eaten it said that. It is also a great idea to send a Christmas hamper of these scrumptious cookies. These cookies make a perfect tea and coffee snake too.
Here I am sharing the recipe of those delectable cookies.
What you need:
- 125 g unsalted butter, soften
- 250 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225 g flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate, 70 -80 % cocoa (Chopped)
- 100g pure white chocolate (Chopped)
- The first thing is to preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
- Take a bowl and beat together butter and brown sugar to form a smooth paste which is thin and pale.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and continue beating.
- Fold the flour, salt and baking soda in the mixture until smooth.
- Add the dark and white chocolate chunks and stir well.
- Line the baking tray with butter paper.
- Place a spoonful of mixture on the tray spaced 1.5 inches apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: you can place the cookies in an airtight container and it will stay good for 4-6 days.
These amazing cookies suit best on every occasion. You can serve it to your guests, eat them as an afternoon snack or as a midnight treat. The cookies have a hell of attraction in them and they also contribute to your weight gain. For those cookies love who can’t even imagine their lives without cookies, you can make these cookies with a bit of alteration.
These cookies can be made for a low calorie diet program by substitutingsome of the ingredients.
- Low fat butter as a substitute of Butter
- Sugar substitute for Brown sugar ( see the label of sugar substitute for the quantity)
- 2 egg whites for large egg
- Skipping white chocolate
All the procedure would be the same. One has to be very vigilant while baking as the baking time would be slightly less as there is less fat in these cookies. These cookies would be a little bit more crunchy.
You can send these cookies as a gift to your diabetic old friends or to one who is on low fat diet. They will surely please the receiver by its delightful taste and crunchy appeal. They can stay fresh up to 5-6 days if placed in a glass container.