These days, most of the living spaces are apartments and the flat sizes are not so large. So each room gets not much space. The place that mostly suffers is the dining rooms. They are mostly carved out from the large living space in the middle.
If you want a western dining decor you have to do it very efficiently because you do not have much space to experiment with.
- You can go for neutral colours and mix them with light textures if you have a smaller space for a dining room. Buy some sleek chairs and a small smooth surfaced table to go with them. You can also go for a corner banquet which will provide a lot of space for seating and if the dining tables have drawers underneath, they can work as a perfect storage corner. Utilise the amount of space you have. Do not waste it.
- If you are going for the small dinging tables with benches and drawers they can be helpful and also will add a lot of style to the smaller spaces. You can keep it against the wall and as a result it will maximise the floor space. This will help you to do more with that open space.
- Suppose you have a narrow open floor plan for a dining room. How to make it look larger? Well, you just need to go for a floor rug for that particular area. This will also help you to keep the floor clean and the area will look larger. Go for some simple lines of furniture which looks modern and classy. Do not go for heavy ones as they will eat up the space.
- If you have not much to do with the floor decor of the room due to space crunch, always try to do something new with the walls. Go for wall textures or pattern of colours there. This will keep the focus more on the walls and less on the floor. If you have a window in your dining space then go for some long and dark coloured drapes there. It will make the room cosier.
- You can go for the simple colour scheme when it comes to your drawing spaces. You can go for black and white textures if the other rooms have a tint of it. You can also match the dining room colour with the rest of the open space like the corridors or the living rooms.
- If you do not want wall bench tables then you can always go for oval shaped tables. They fill up the space very nicely and you can always go for nice curtains for the windows.
Small dining room decor means you have to keep in check every detailing of it. This is because; it is a compact area and nothing can look out of place. Try to keep things that will make the room looks large and more spacious. Hire a professional to help you if needed.